Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Scroll Saw > Works in Process
Connect with Facebook

West Penn Hardwoods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #1

Default My own drawing,, tooth shaped toothpick holder

I looked for one on the net and did find one, but when I went to purchase it, it did not check out when I hit submit so I tried to draw out my own. This is what I came up with. It is compound cut on poplar wood. I have more work to do on it but I do think it is turning out nice. I will have to make the hole larger to hold a few more tooth picks. right now it only holds one. Any way not too bad if I say so myself....It is so cold this a.m. and we had frost on the ground. Wished I had gone down to turn on the heat like I usually do but didn't. It is sunny out and will warm up later. Enjoy the picture...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tooth shaped tooth pick holder.JPG (77.2 KB, 106 views)
Old 03-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #2

Clever idea!
Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association
Rolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #3

Yeah it's working out nice. I used a small drill bit to drill the hole for the toothpicks in the middle of the tooth and then used a bit a size larger. So now it holds a few more tooth picks. Will go one more size up but I think that will be all. My leg is hurting now so will stop for a spell. Good thing I have a place to sit in the shop... Take care
Old 03-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #4
Staying Positive

Clever and well done.

There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.”
As You Slide Down the Banister of Life, Pray That All The Splinters Are Pointed The Other Way...
"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC
wood-n-things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #5

What a great idea!

It's all fun
Terry
Craftsman 18"
Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore
Terry Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:47 PM   #6

Saw that pattern in the "other" magazine awhile back. I want to try that as soon as I get the saw to turn back on.

Dan
Dan A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:07 PM   #7

I don't get the "other " magazine but maybe one day I will get a copy at the newsstand and see what it is. Hope you get your saw working real soon Dan. I put tape on my switch on my saw when I went down this a.m. to keep the sawdust out of it and just use the foot switch on mine. Works really great. Will try to finish up the tooth tomorrow. Sis just got home so the three of us are here now. Going to lie down for awhile so take care.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #8

Fay,

I don't get the "other" magazine either and have not seen it around here on any of the newstands. But a few years ago I bought a bunch of the magazines, and other patterns at an auction. Also got a box full of various clamps, and something for gluing frames together. It's a long strap with a ratchet on it, has 8 metal right angles and you place one in each of the four corners of your frame and ratchet the strap until it tightens around the angles and pulls the glued mitered corners together .

The saw's going to have to wait until I get some answers on my back. They think the last vertebrae above my tail bone is sliding around and pinching a nerve and/or hitting some ligaments. It makes for long days sometimes since I can't stand or sit for very long. But I'm also doing everything I can to avoid an MRI. I think that's another reason it's taking me so long to finish the remodel on our upstairs bathroom.

Dan
Dan A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #9

Sorry to hear about your back Dan. I hope you will be fine and get the issue taken care of. A sore back is not fun at all. My leg is better too after that fall, but today I noticed the bruises are clear down to the middle of my leg, not just in the knee area. You'll be back scrolling before you know it... Take care
Old 03-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #10

Nice work, Fay,
In reference to the "Other" magazine, I don't really understand why it has to be
referred to in that manner. If this site is afraid of competition or comparison, perhaps they should reconsider their business strategy.
We are all adults and should not be ashamed to repeat the name of a reputable
magazine.
Just my honest opinion.
God Bless! Spirithorse
Spirithorse is offline   Reply With Quote