Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Scroll Saw > Works in Process
Connect with Facebook

Nexabond

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
Herman's Fretwork

Default Psalms 26:8

My girlfriend's grandfather asked me to put the passage " Lord I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine dwelleth." into a project. I am goint to use calligraphy as the font, but I dont know exactly what I should use as the background. Any suggestions would greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kenelm
Old 07-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #2

Kenelm, since God is the Master Creator and His habitation is in His own creation, why not use a majestic background like mountains and a clear sky; something simple so as not to clutter the message. Maybe even a simple country church sitting in a quiet meadow.
I'd love to see your finished project. It should be wonderful.

Bubba
Old 07-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
Herman's Fretwork

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about something like that, but I'm going to put the words on a simple scroll like they used to write on way before they had books. I think the simpler the better since the only thing he gave me to work with were the words and I would like to draw as much attention to them as possible.

Last edited by Kenelm; 07-18-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Kenelm is offline   Reply With Quote