Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Magazine and Members > Welcome Members
Connect with Facebook

Donjor
Welcome Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #1

Default Colored tracing lines an more....

Something that many scroller's find helpful in seeing their scroll saw blade while following pattern lines or tracing lines, is to use RED pencil lead or print pattern copies in red. Some like doing this, while others may not! If you have never tried this method it really work's well for cutting control and you might what to give it a try! It's easy loosing that black thin blade into that
black thin line!

Something that you may not of heard of is a method I saw a fellow scroller do while attending a recent seminar. The fellow was scrolling and I soon noticed that his blade was red! After the demo, I talked to him and found out that he spray paints enamel on both sides of his blades!!!

He told me that some of the paint evenually wears off, but it still works better than a bare unpainted blade for visibility and none of the paint seems to rub off or discolor the wood! I haven't tried it in the shop yet, but I think I'll experiment with it sometime soon.....What the Hay!....Can't Hoyt!!

Question!....Why don't a blade manufacturer try a red anodizing process?

Rick
Scroller Patroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:52 PM   #2

Others have suggested the red line, too. I like the anodizing suggestion. Maybe someone should follow up on this with blade makers.

Another solution, though not quite as effective, is using an LED light source. I got one you wear like a headbank for Christmas and it makes keeping up with the blade and cut line a bit easier.

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)
MikeDingas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #3

I think I just had a brilliant thought. How about us entrepeneurs pool our resources and create a laser guided SS blade!? Maybe we could include Mike @ FD in on this and incorporate it into the FD blade?

Paul S.
Paul S WI is offline   Reply With Quote