Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Magazine and Members > Welcome Members
Connect with Facebook

West Penn Hardwoods
Welcome Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #1

Default New from Illinois (nowhere near Chicago)

Actually I joined some time ago, but have never posted before.
I have been interested in wooden gear clocks for quite a while and have combed the net looking at plans, projects, YouTube videos, and blogs.
I have the MLT-13 plans from the magazine (and the correction pages), the updated version of the old Thomas All Wooden Grandfather Clock, as well as many other free plans found here and there.
Up until now, my workshop has focused on electronics and metalworking; I have a mini lathe and matching mini mill both of which have provided many enjoyable hours turning bits of metal into piles of chips. I also have a small vertical bandsaw, drill press, and assorted hand and power tools.
Today the UPS man delivered a brand new scroll saw, and Thursday I should receive the magazine back issue with Clayton Boyer's Genesis clock plans, which I have picked for my first wooden clock project.
Other interests include beekeeping, motorcycling, amateur astronomy, microscopy, hiking the Shawnee National Forest, making home made lye soap, and keeping the wife from finding out how much money I have spent on the latest project.
I look forward to many hours of making sawdust over the next few months, and hopefully ending up with a working clock or two. I hope you folks won't mind if I pop up with a question or two along the way.
Aurthur Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum Aurthur.

WARNING: Clock making gets addicting.

If you have any questions ask away, I'm sure somebody will help. I have not done the Genesis clock yet but it is on my never ending to do list. The Thomas was my first clock and the one in my avatar is one by Nick Andronis. I have started on Clayton's Birds of Paradise but have not had time to finish it yet. There are a few clock makers on here so if you get stuck on something just ask.

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

evilbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum from TN.

www.sandyoaksonline.com
Sandy Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #4

Welcome t the best scroll saw information site. It sounds like y have a lot of hobbies to keep you busy. We would like to see some photos. of your work.
wjbclocks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #5

As long as you have your towel everything will be all right.

(sorry, I had to say it).

ALWAYS know where your towel is.

Last edited by davem_or; 02-18-2014 at 07:44 PM.
davem_or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:31 AM   #7
Staying Positive

Welcome A Board!! We are pleased you found us.

It would be difficult to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking.
Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful.
Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.
Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures. You will find we are not a judgmental group.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.

There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.”
As You Slide Down the Banister of Life, Pray That All The Splinters Are Pointed The Other Way...
"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC
wood-n-things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #8

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
I usually keep a low profile on forums, but I'll be lurking about in the background reading and soaking in all the wisdom I can.
And yes, one must ALWAYS keep track of one's towel!
Aurthur Dent is offline   Reply With Quote