Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Magazine and Members > Welcome Members
Connect with Facebook

Donjor
Welcome Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
Herman's Fretwork

Default How do you do?

I've been sawing for about a year now and have been trying to find other people near me who also share my hobby ever since my teacher died who can just give me some advice on sanding and finishing projects. I haven't been very successful so i tried looking for books on the internet and found this site. Hopefully with all the knowledge here I can figure out some of the lesser known tricks of the trade and make my work look better than it ever has.
Thanks,
Kyle
Kenelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum...there are many talented and intelegent people here in the group that are willing to help those in need. That being said you didn't say where you are so it is hard for anyone to know if they are close to you....and as for the lesser known tricks of the trade most of us share what we have but it isn't like a reference book. The tricks come out when someone has a problem and asks for help... like if you were to ask about stack cutting.... post a thread asking "Need to know the best way of attaching the two blank pieces of wood for stack cutting can anyone help?" This will in turn get post from around the world with suggestions...

Once again Welcome to the site. read enjoy and ask. its the only way to learn...

Now lets make saw dust....

Hammer
HAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
Banned

Kyle,
You can contact the Woodcraft stores in you're area to find the local woodworking guilds and clubs to help you. They also have scroll saw classes. If you go to SAW link SAW-Online will show local chapters of scroll saw clubs in OH.
Hope this helps.
Steve
STEVESSAWSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
Herman's Fretwork

Thanks. Sorry I forgot about putting where I was. I'm from Galion Ohio. North central Ohio.

Last edited by Kenelm; 02-22-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Kenelm is offline   Reply With Quote