Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Magazine and Members > Welcome Members
Connect with Facebook

PS Wood Machines
Welcome Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #1

Default Looking for Advice

Hello All,
Kinda new at this business.Am working with the brothers that bought Hawk Saws..Looking to see/learn what/how/why,,you know what makes Uall tick!! Imput/feedback all will be read. Thanks,,Jim( Customer service/Parts)
jnye@hawkwoodworkingtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #2

Hi Jim, welcome to the forum. We've been following the Hawk saga over the past few months and it's good to see that the company has a future.

I don't have a Hawk saw, but I am interested to see what happens, going forward. Good luck to you and your partners.

Last edited by Bill Wilson; 07-20-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Bill Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick-H

You should set up a booth a the Wisconsin Picnic coming up on the 31st of this month. At least get out there to the scrollong community and let them know what the plans are for the new company.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #4

We would like to do some shows/picnics. But there is only 5 of us and getting Hawk Saws up to speed,,well doesn't leave time for much..Thanks for the invite. JimNye
jnye@hawkwoodworkingtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
Just Goofy !

Hi, Jim It's good to hear that a Co. is saved. Hope everything works for you & good luck in the future. I assume you are located here in U.S. Glad the Manufacturing wasn't moved to another Country for a change ! Thanks for your saving abilities. Good Luck Perk
ubgoofy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #6

.Looking to see/learn what/how/why,,you know what makes Uall tick!! WHAT? creating something with your own hands, and giving as gifts. HOW? In your own world where stress of life is'nt welcomed.(Man Cave). WHY? anything that can make you happy, and make others happy. why not do it. What makes you Tic? Scrolling and working with wood.is what keeps me Ticking.. When I show someone something that I created, and they say WOW! I wont that. Now thats a true Tic getter,.PS, dont forget the money you can make.
JustMe1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #7

What? I make whatever strikes my fancy or my family's and friends. Scrolling isn't the only woodworking I do but it has become and addicting part of it.
Why? It's relaxing, I enjoy creating stuff that makes others and myself happy. Reading a book is enjoyable and relaxing, so it boating and gardening but in the end what have you got? A couple of hours or days in the shop on the other hand.....then you have something you can put your hands on, something you can feel, you made something from a pile of sticks that is beautiful, or functional or just pretty.
And too, it keeps me out of "Gin mills and Houses of Ill Repute"
You guys make a good quality product, listen to your customers provide the best customer service you possibly can and scrollers and woodworkers will be beating down your doors. Good luck, I'd hate to be starting a business in this economic climate. Pat
Old 07-20-2009, 11:30 PM   #8
Puzzle Making Muggle

Hi, Jim. Welcome to the board! Nice to have a tool techician here; don't be surprised if you get a lot of questions about people's saw's dings and pings.

I've got a Dewalt myself, and am really happy with it. Good luck working with the Hawk!

If you're looking for professional feedback, I think most of us like saws which are reliable, vibrate very little, have some degree of muscle, and (very important) have an easily performed blade change mechanism.

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !
Scrolling Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:25 AM   #9

I like low vibration and a deep throat so I could cut large yard designs easy to change blades
Erin
Riverlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:05 AM   #10

Jim, how about a web site, phone # etc. so that we Hawk owners can contact you if we need something or have a question. Glad that the brand is still around.

george

delta 650, hawk G426
sawdustus is offline   Reply With Quote