Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Magazine and Members > Welcome Members
Connect with Facebook

West Penn Hardwoods
Welcome Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 01:44 AM   #1

Default New To The Crew

Hello all,
I was very excited to learn , while making my first run through my new ss&wc mag that there was this awsome forum site and I just knew I would enjoy bieng part of this site. Since one of my favorite things about the mag is seeing all of the beautiful work done by my fellow sawers! and to be able to share and learn from this great group of people could only help me improve my skills and i would also be more than glad to share anything i can help anyone with. I am also looking forward to all feedback, from all ,

about my work so keep on scrollin
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
Senior member...Sweeet

Welcome to the forum bigred, glad you found us. How long have you been scrolling? Got any project pictures to share? We sure do love to see what everyone is working on, or have finished. Come by often cause we love new members around here, so much to learn from each other.

My Gallery

" Two memorable things to say in life are Hello for the first time and Good-by for the last".
Wood Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #3

I have been scrollin about a year and a half,my previous passion was relief carving and have been at that for about 15 years of and on. I did upload 3 photos onto members galleries the first is a Zen garden from SSWC last edition, I even made a jig for my scrollsaw to cut out the parts for the cabinet instead of using my tablesaw. I also loaded 2 of my own designs, carousel horse head , and an indian phoenix. I would love to get some feedback on these I 'm also going to look for some of your work, I sure theres a way to find them but in case I cant , please lead me to them. thanks for now and am looking forward to hearing back from you have a great day BIG RED
Old 07-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
Puzzle Making Muggle

We've already got a Big-Red-S, suppose there's always room for another Big Red!

Welcome to the board, and I look forward to seeing your stuff!

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !
Scrolling Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
Naughty, but nice!

Hi bigred - welcome and good to have you on board.

This is a great board with a healthy mix of skilled and maybe not so skilled but nevertheless aspiring scrollers of all ages eager to share their work, ideas and give whatever help they can for the better good of all. Join in the fun. Looking forward to your contribution

Cheers!

Dozing off? - nah, I'm creatively thinking with my eyes closed!
jim_mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
Senior member...Sweeet

bigred, you've got some sweeeeeet looking projects in the gallery. Well done and thanks for posting. I love that Indian Thunderbird.
You can find other members stuff by going to the gallery, and typing their name in the Search by username (this is in the second blue bar area) their "stuff" will come up, and note sometimes there is more than one page, you will see this at the end of the photo list.

My Gallery

" Two memorable things to say in life are Hello for the first time and Good-by for the last".
Wood Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #7

wood dog, so glad you enjoyed the thunderbird, It means a lot to me comming from someone who has done the incredible work I found while looking up your gallery. Truly my response was WOW!!! love the portaits the sleds the clock ect..... hopefully one day I can reach that level of skill, you know i'll be tryin. I hope to have the pattern for the thunderbird on soon I'll be sure to let you know. Have a great day will talk to ya soon. BR.