Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Magazine and Members > Welcome Members
Connect with Facebook

Nexabond
Welcome Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 02:18 AM   #1

Red face Hi everyone

From a sunny south east of England. I am just finding my way round this forum. I have a cabin where I have set up my scroll saw and power carving tools. Being a female it is unusual in England to be interested in scroll sawing and woodwork, but I hope I will find plenty of like minded friends here.
jumpjet1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to tony coleman

hi jumpjet,
nice too hear another scroller on the right side of the pond.welcome too the forum,yes you wil find plenty likeminded people here.if you need any help or want
any questions answered just ask,ther is always someone here who has the answer.i am from ireland.

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/
tony coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #3

Thanks for the welcome Tony my name is Linda my father worked on the first Harrier, hence jumpjet, are there many of us on the right side of the pond. What are you holding in your picture I can't quite see what you have made. Linda
Old 06-18-2009, 09:31 AM   #4

this was an intarsia piece,called largemouth bass,which i posted on the board many months ago.ther is a few more scrollers from england on the board,but its mainly american scrollers.of course ther are more scrollers from all over the world,.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #5
I'm not really a cowboy.

Welcome aboard Linda. There are several very talented female scrollers here. Be sure to post pictures of what you have made. Again Welcome

www.pajarostudiowns.com
Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
One of the Chosen few

"The Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated......I am retired!!!!!!!".

Pajaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #6
Fallen Angel

Hi Linda

Your username drew my attention - I was once stationed at RAF Wittering when I was in the RAF.

Welcome to the wonderful world of scrolling .

Gill
Old 06-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #7

Hello Pete thanks very much, I have made a gourd guitar with my scroll saw. I scrolled the sound board and the neck for the frets. I am at the moment painting it with a norwegian folk art pattern on the front. but will post a pic when I have finished it.

Tony I have many books on intarsia, but find it hard to get any good wood to do this with unless I travel to the south west to somerset. so mostly I am in to scrolling baltic birch ply, and painting where do I post my work. Linda
Old 06-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #8

Hi Gill Thanks for the welcome, hubby says to say hi too, he was stationed at RAF west Rainham. Is RAF wittering near Peterborough and were you a WAF. What do you make with your scroll saw. This forum is so interesting I should of joined ages ago I have had no one to talk to about scrolling, woodwork and gourds but now perhaps I have. Linda
Old 06-18-2009, 10:19 AM   #9
Fallen Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpjet1127 View Post
... I am in to scrolling baltic birch ply...
Where on earth do you source this?!?! Reasonably priced BBP is about as common as hen's teeth in the UK.

Yes, RAF Wittering is close to Peterborough. In fact, it is a very curious place in many ways, originally being two separate stations until a station commander in World War 2 decided to extend the runway and merge both bases into one. One day Fighter Command had two diddy stations, next morning it had one big station! The station commander was promptly relieved of his duties, I believe, but RAF Wittering was his enduring legacy.

It actually falls within three different county boundaries too, which was a bit of a headache at times because I was responsible for building maintenance. I have very fond memories of the place and the Harrier force.

Gill
Old 06-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #10

Default intarsia,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpjet1127 View Post
Hello Pete thanks very much, I have made a gourd guitar with my scroll saw. I scrolled the sound board and the neck for the frets. I am at the moment painting it with a norwegian folk art pattern on the front. but will post a pic when I have finished it.

Tony I have many books on intarsia, but find it hard to get any good wood to do this with unless I travel to the south west to somerset. so mostly I am in to scrolling baltic birch ply, and painting where do I post my work. Linda
i too have trouble finding wood for intarsia.if you look at some of the species used by some of the people on the board,well the bloke in my loacal wood yard has never heard of some of them.i uasly use pine,teak,oak,mahogany,douglas fir.