Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Magazine and Members > Welcome Members
Connect with Facebook

Nexabond
Welcome Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
Banned

Cool Hewwo!!! ^.^

Hello there! I'm relatively new at this, only started about 6 months ago. My dad was the one who showed me how to us the scroll saw that was sitting in the garage. At first, I thought, "okayyyyy then, this looks like it will be rather boring" but then he got me sat down in the chair, and I was hooked! what real dragged me even deeper, was when Dad bought a magazine with some puzzles patterns in it. Well, you can tell what happened then. I bought a book on scroll saw puzzles and started doing them. I even managed to modify 2 puzzles in it to make one new one ^.^. Anyways, I'm getting long winded, so, I hope I will learn some news things while here, and hope to meet some interesting people too ^.^
Silver Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:11 AM   #2
one cut at a time

Welcome to the boards Shadow !There is a great puzzle section here with some amazing artists (anyone that can cut puzzles is pretty amazing to me).

I checked out your personal info after I read about your dad getting you started, (Shadow is 18), and everyone here will agree that its great to see a young adult take the time to learn this art.I just started scrolling in January (I'm 38 btw) and have two sons (12 and 14), my mom (can't reveal her age) and a 16 year old friend of the family making dust now.It's like a disease . Please post any questions or comments you have.We love to help and enjoy everyones input.This is a great site to learn from,make friends,and even branch out (no wood working pun intended) into other areas of scrolling.

Oh,give Dad a pat on the back from all of us and post some pics of yall's works if ya can---- we LOVE pics!

Jerry C
Old 06-05-2009, 03:16 AM   #3
Banned

Hello Scrollpup, and thank you ^.^ I tried to get my sister into it as well, but she don't care all that much for it. I already put a photo of my first modifyed puzzle in the puzzle area to see what people think about it, and to ask if it is worth making more. I love the warm welcome from ya, and will most definitily stick around this forum ^.^
Silver Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:38 AM   #4
one cut at a time

LOL !! We must be playing the internet version of phone tag! After my post here I found your unicorn post (looks awesome btw)!And I can relate to you about your sister.My 13 yr old daughter says "eww, it's dusty" (LOL).I'll go back to your other post and check for a reply now (are you a night owl too,or in a different time zone?((its 1:37 am here in Arkansas)).

Jerry C
Old 06-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #5

Let me add my welcome, too. I saw your puzzle section post before seeing this one. I sure wouldn't have known you've been at this for such a short time.

Give your Dad a big hug for introducing you to this. Now, you have a hobby that can last a lifetime plus all those memories of the two of you working together. That's priceless!

Als Ik Kan
DW788
1975 Dremel (labeled Craftsman) Scroll saw w/3" pin blades
miniwoodworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #6
I'm not really a cowboy.

Silver Shadow Welcome from Dallas. It is great to have some young blood here. A lot of us old geezers can learn from new ideas. Have fun and Hope you stay with us for a long time.

www.pajarostudiowns.com
Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
One of the Chosen few

"The Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated......I am retired!!!!!!!".

Pajaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
Senior member...Sweeet

Welcome to the forum Silver Shadow.......yer puzzle looks fantatic. Will enjoy seeing more of your project pictures. Come by often, we love new members.

My Gallery

" Two memorable things to say in life are Hello for the first time and Good-by for the last".
Wood Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #8

Welcome aboard Shadow. It's so good to hear of someone your age getting interested in scrolling. When I was your age I didn't know what a scrollsaw was. I doubt that I'd ever heard of one. Enjoy the world of scrolling and always know that there are people here who will help you if you should need something. Just ask. David
Old 06-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to lucky788scroller

Welcome aboard. I can already tell, you are hooke on scrolling! Thats great, and, we are glad to have ya join us !!!