Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Magazine and Members > Upcoming Events
Connect with Facebook

Grobet - Pegas Scroll Saw blads

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Phantom_Phixer
Default Open House in May -2014

I am looking forward to the Fox Chapel Publishing Open House in May. I was at the Somerset Woodworkers Expo in New Jersey yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see Kathy Wise was there. I have long admired her work, so I took the opportunity to say "Hi" and introduced myself.
Imagine my shock when I asked if she would be attending the Open House in May. She replied "No one has contacted or invited me." I remember she was at the last one a number of years ago. Whoever forgot to call her might want to do so. The impression I got from talking to her was that She would glad to attend. She would be a great addition to the event.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:44 PM   #2

I'm shocked to hear that Kathy Wise will not be there. In my opinion she was the highlight of the previous Open House. I was looking forward to seeing her again this year. Please somebody rectify this.

Proud member of the Long Island Scrollsaw Association
sawdustjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:00 AM   #3

I would like to see an update on the open house period. Per Fox Publishing they were to post a listing or instructors and info on costs in early January. Still nothing. They are almost 2 months late and the show is only two months away. I am a cup 1/2 empty person and I am now betting it won't happen.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #4
Technical Editor

I am sorry for the lack of information up to this point, gang. The Open House will still be happening (we employees even have vacation blackout dates leading up to the event). We're hoping to get ticket information up by the end of the week, and we're in the process of finalizing the instructor list.

Best regards,
Bob Duncan
Technical Editor
BobD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobD View Post
I am sorry for the lack of information up to this point, gang. The Open House will still be happening (we employees even have vacation blackout dates leading up to the event). We're hoping to get ticket information up by the end of the week, and we're in the process of finalizing the instructor list.

Best regards,
Bob Duncan
Technical Editor
GREAT NEWS.... The reason I sounded so negative is I have really been looking forward to this.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #6

Jack,

I was at the Somerset Show also. We arrived about 9:30 on Saturday morning and still had to walk quite a way to the exhibition hall, the place was packed.

I haven't tried intarsia yet, but was familiar with Kathy and her work through this site and the magazine. It was a pleasure to meet her and to see her work in person. Hope she does make it to Lancaster, by then maybe I will try the ANGEL pattern in her catalog hand out.

Had a ball at the show and very diligently prevented melt down of the plastic charge cards, however there was some minor damage to them.

BE WELL
Old 02-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Phantom_Phixer
Default Reply to TheFramer

We must have just missed running into each other at Kathy's Booth. I was the guy in the USMC Flight Jacket (VN Vet). I enjoyed talking to Kathy and hope she will be at the Open House. You can see my rendering of her Clydesdale Mare & Colt in my Photo Gallery. When I did this piece, I sent her a photo via email and was very pleased to hear from her saying how much she liked my work. Talk about an ego booster for me !

Jack
Old 02-24-2014, 10:51 PM   #8

I will be making plans to attend, hopefully will be seeing some interesting people. Looking forward to it. edward
edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #9
Perpetual Student

Location: Rouzerville, PA - about 20 miles southwest of Gettysburg PA

Only a couple hours away from my house. I'm gonna try to make this one. The more article authors, there, the better.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #10

Just booked my Hotel
Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association
Rolf is offline   Reply With Quote