Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Magazine and Members > Upcoming Events
Connect with Facebook

PS Wood Machines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #1

Default Mid-Hudson Woodworkers Show

Saturday, October 19th, the Mid-Hudson Chapter of the Northeastern Woodworkers Assn. will be presenting their 7th annual Woodworkers Show. The show will be held at the Hurley Reformed Church Social Hall, 17 Main Street, (off of NYS Route 209) Hurley, NY, approximately five minutes from the New York State Thruway Exit 19, the Kingston exit. Located 1 1/2 hours north of New York City and 1 hour south of Albany, NY.

MHW Homepage
JackM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #2

Strangely enough, I'm driving my wife and daughter to the NYS Sheep & Wool Festival that very same day in Rheinbeck right across the river. Think you would mind a visitor from Illinois for the show? It beats looking at yarn for 8 hours.
ddockstader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #3

Hi Jack,

I'm going to be there, and hopefully I will be showing a few of the toys I make. I got in touch with Duane and he sent me a form to fill out but I haven't heard anything yet. I am not presently a member of the chapter, but I may be interested in joining. I live in Poughkeepsie, about 30 minutes below Hurley. I hope to see you at the show.

BE WELL
Old 10-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #4

Where were you guys when I lived up there. I lived for over 40 years in Dutchess County (Pouighkeepsie, Hyde Park, LaGrange).
Old 10-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #5

Hey Scott,

I was born & lived in Poughkeepsie for most of my sane life. At the crazy age of 63 my wife and I decided there must be new things to see out there somewhere. So like all disgruntled New York citizens, we packed up and headed south, and driving down I95, I knew I made a big mistake. Well we did get to see new things ...and high tailed it back home. Couldn't be happier.

I'm guessing from your location that you work for IBM and headed to Raleigh. I worked for BIG BLUE for thiry one years, and most of that time it was a great place. I lived in Hyde Park for 28 of those years and while working at IBM, I also had a business on Rt. 9, The Hyde Park Gallery and Frame Shop.

BE WELL
Old 10-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theframer View Post
Hey Scott,

I was born & lived in Poughkeepsie for most of my sane life. At the crazy age of 63 my wife and I decided there must be new things to see out there somewhere. So like all disgruntled New York citizens, we packed up and headed south, and driving down I95, I knew I made a big mistake. Well we did get to see new things ...and high tailed it back home. Couldn't be happier.

I'm guessing from your location that you work for IBM and headed to Raleigh. I worked for BIG BLUE for thiry one years, and most of that time it was a great place. I lived in Hyde Park for 28 of those years and while working at IBM, I also had a business on Rt. 9, The Hyde Park Gallery and Frame Shop.

BE WELL

Yes a big Blue transplant. Grew up off of Vassar Road near the airport. When first married lived in Hyde Park near corner of Fuller Ln and Garden St. No family but many friends still in the "valley". Never regretted leaving.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #7

I would love to go but too many other commitments.
Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association
Rolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
Carved Fretwork

Default Mid-Hudson Woodworkers Show

Hello Jack: Mary and I have made plans to attend this years Mid-Hudson Woodworkers Show on October 19. Planning to enjoy the fall foliage, the great work of the superb craftsmen in your group and seeing you. Regards, Dick
Old 10-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
Carved Fretwork

Default Free Hardwood Strips

A retired woodworker, donated a bunch of hardwood boards and several boxes of thin strips of various hardwoods (oak, mahogany, walnut, chestnut, maple, etc.) to a Vo-Tech School. They could not use the small strips and I obtained them. They are between 1/8" and 1/4" thick and between 6 and 14" long. He must have spent an incredible amount of time cutting these. Could be used for laminations, inlay, risers for intarsia, roof shingles on a bird or doll house, miniature siding, or other craft projects. If you could use some, see me at the show. They are FREE for the asking. Happy to share! Dick
Old 10-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #10

Hi Dick,

I saw you at the Mid-Hudson show, but every time I tried to approach you to say hello, someone beat me ot the punch. I just wanted to say hello and thank you for the small pieces of wood. I took a wrapped bundle of cherry strips and will be using them in a glue up for some bandsaw boxes. Will try to post pictures when they are complete.

Hope you enjoyed the show in Hurley,NY. Thanks again.

BE WELL