Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Magazine and Members > Upcoming Events
Connect with Facebook

Donjor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #1

Default ATL WoodWorking Show

i realize i may be a lil late with this post, but would like to invite everyone in the area of ATL, GA, to the ATL WoodWorking Show this weekend, in Norcross, GA…this will be me and wife’s 3rd year going together, and she usually always lets me get a lil something new….smilez…hope to see you there….i’m going on saturday…just look for the guy with the walking cane/seat with an American flag on it, just tap lightly, don’t knock me over please?

"Celebrate what you ACCOMPLISH, but raise the bar each time you SUCCEED” …… Mia Hamm
tagordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #2

Default some info ,please

I might be able to make it,where ,what,when &Who ! Any info would be appreciated !M.V.B. Carl
Old 03-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #3

mr carl, hold on, i’ll get ya the link

"Celebrate what you ACCOMPLISH, but raise the bar each time you SUCCEED” …… Mia Hamm
Old 03-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #4

here’s the link, mr. carl….Home

Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
RBI Hawk Owner

Tim, I have been going to the one in Milwaukee for the past decade or so. A few years ago, I entered their Showoff contest. The people that organize the competition apologized because scroll saw woodworking cannot compete with other woodworking. I didn't agree with their assessment, so I had to give it another try. I enter my lighthouse and won. Now it is going to be entered in their last show in Houston. I'm trying to find a cheap way to get to that show, but I don't think I'm up to 20 hr road trip followed by the return trip. Sorry I won't see you in ALT, but enjoy the show.
Donna
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #6

We went to the show in Somerset, NJ on March 24th. We have several friends who are vendors so we always enjoy the show even after a 5 hour drive. Atlanta is a bit far from Syracuse, NY (Go SU!). Be sure to get there early as Paul Moore of Stockroom Supply and You Tube sensation [search for Crazy Canadian Woodworking] comes out and discusses his piece of redwood, giving away free glue to those who answer questions. Paul and I have known each other for years as we frequent several Canadian shows also and I purchase sanding mops from him. We picked up the usual things - a new bandsaw blade from PS Wood, a couple router bits from Woodline, some sanding pads for a member from a wood dealer who won't be there (too far), and a beautiful piece of walnut crotch from another wood vendor. As usual, local clubs were there so I got to watch one of the marquetry folks work his magic. I was disappointed that Dewalt only had their scrollsaw in the box and had hoped to see the new Delta scrollsaw. If you see the new Delta in Atlanta, give us a review and your thoughts. The side arm looks interesting. Be sure to catch some of the seminars while you are there. Not only good information but also a way to rest. Paul's is, of course, the funniest and most enjoyable. Have fun.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #7
Scroller

Looks like a good line up of vendors AND education opportunities. I always learn something new from these folks. I have only ONE problem with these shows.......

I spend too much money on things I HAVE to have.
popsshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'ville Scroller View Post
Be sure to get there early as Paul Moore of Stockroom Supply and You Tube sensation [search for Crazy Canadian Woodworking] comes out and discusses his piece of redwood, giving away free glue to those who answer questions. Paul and I have known each other for years as we frequent several Canadian shows also and I purchase sanding mops from him.
does this mean, if i mention your name *B’ville Scroller*, that i might get a discount, or charged more? j/k…i usually don’t do the seminars, one reason being that after wife, and me get tired of circling the exhibits and booths, i get to go to the WoodCraft store in alpharetta…that’s another goodie of the day…then wife gets her goodie, a visit to one of our horse trainers, in conyers, so saturday will be a pretty decent day for the both of us….oh yeah, morning trip, and ride home trips include stops at the QT store…big smile

Last edited by tagordy; 03-08-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Sorry I won't see you in ALT, but enjoy the show.
Donna
it’s ok, i fully understand about the driving time, maybe one day we will meet….as far as the show, i’ve been waiting on it since last year…altho i’m a scroller, i always enjoy Alex Snodgrass, he’s so cool, and love the magic he demo’s on the bandsaw

Old 03-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
Scroller

tagordy - you can get a $2 discount off admission at: Home then follow the links to Atlanta show and then coupons.
popsshop is offline   Reply With Quote