Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Scroll Saw > Tools and Blades
Connect with Facebook

Memphis Hardwood Lumber
Tools and Blades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #1

Default Need help with my saw.

My neighbor has had a 16" 2 speed delta scroll saw for about 20 years without hardly any use since it has never worked right for him from the beginning. I have never used one before but do have some savvy fixing things. I looked it over for him trying different tensions, checked square and changed the blade many times. Summary, nothing changed. The blade will cut with 1/8 inch wood and regresses to not wanting to cut at all on 1 inch thick wood. The side to side travel of blade appears alright. The blade does pull away on the down stroke, my guess 1/16”. The neighbors problem is opposite of what is mentioned in this thread or another way to put it, the blade is moving forward on the upward travel which is the non cutting stroke. Non cutting stroke is pushing the wood away and therefore no cut? It appears we need to focus on moving top adjustments back or bottom adjustments forward. I am a new member here and it appears this thread is possible the best for being on topic. Any advice is appreciated, thank you
steve3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
Staying Positive

I've moved your post. Tagging onto another thread usually ends up in your thread getting overlooked.

Welcome to the forum. I hope someone will have the answer to your question.

There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.”
As You Slide Down the Banister of Life, Pray That All The Splinters Are Pointed The Other Way...
"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC
wood-n-things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:06 AM   #3

Steve what model saw is it?
Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association
Rolf is offline   Reply With Quote