Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Scroll Saw > Tools and Blades
Connect with Facebook

Memphis Hardwood Lumber
Tools and Blades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Just love Being Here

Default scrollsaw blade not square to table { Help }

Hey everyone I have a problem , and it appeared to me that this would be the place to ask for some help. I've been cutting Christmas Oranments and have been having problems with third oranment not turning out cut right due to the saw blade not being square to the table . Its true at the top but you can see that as the blade go's to the left towards the bottom of the table . And when your stack cutting 5 at a time it shows up , last year when I stack cut 5 at a time it was perfect .Hey listen I know that you can help me , for this is the place to be ..........Marshall P.S. My saw is the Dewalt 788
Old 10-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #2

I'm new to this but when I set up mine it said that I needed to square up my table to the blade they are able to pivit to an angle when wanted. You do this by taking a small square and set it on the table and next to the blade. When looking at it the blade shoul;d be touching evenly the whole length of the square. If it's not you need to pivit the table so it does. Yours might have a zero point but with the vibes and evryday usage this become off a little and needs to be tweeked back in.
cya1291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
Laying into Inlay

If you don't have a small square, you can use a business card. Also, when you're squareing, put something white on the table behind the blade and don't just line up to the square, (or business card), but also pull your ,'square', away from the blade just a bit and look at the space between it and the blade. You can get a good perspective this way.
Good luck with this and let us know how it works out.

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
No task is too tedious for Art.
Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
Featherwood Woodcrafts
JimSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
Puzzle enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
Hey everyone I have a problem , and it appeared to me that this would be the place to ask for some help. I've been cutting Christmas Oranments and have been having problems with third oranment not turning out cut right due to the saw blade not being square to the table . Its true at the top but you can see that as the blade go's to the left towards the bottom of the table . And when your stack cutting 5 at a time it shows up , last year when I stack cut 5 at a time it was perfect .Hey listen I know that you can help me , for this is the place to be ..........Marshall P.S. My saw is the Dewalt 788
Marshall what size blade are you using? Also is it just the center of the stack not cutting right? If so you may have to tighten the blade some or go to a bigger size. Also make sure the blade does the cutting and your not pushing too hard.
Firedkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
Staying Positive

I keep an old credit card right next to my scroll ...They are always square...

There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.”
As You Slide Down the Banister of Life, Pray That All The Splinters Are Pointed The Other Way...
"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC
wood-n-things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
Laying into Inlay

Or that.....
Since I do a lot of inlay, which requires that aI set my table off square about 2 1/2 or 3 degrees. I need to resquare my table often, I went out and spent $12 on a nice 2" square.
I guess it depends on how often you need to square up......

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
No task is too tedious for Art.
Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
Featherwood Woodcrafts
JimSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
Just love Being Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSawyer View Post
If you don't have a small square, you can use a business card. Also, when you're squareing, put something white on the table behind the blade and don't just line up to the square, (or business card), but also pull your ,'square', away from the blade just a bit and look at the space between it and the blade. You can get a good perspective this way.
Good luck with this and let us know how it works out.
Thanks a bunch fellows , ajusted the table to get it right < never had this problem . I first thought that it was the wood or me , I was stack cutting three and the second one and third one was not cutting right . I'll try it in the morning for sure when I start stack cutting again.......fingers crossed........Marshall

Last edited by marshall; 10-17-2009 at 12:36 AM.
marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #8
Senior member...Sweeet

Do you have a tendency to lift yourself off of the chair/stool when you get up from the saw by leaning on the saw table? After repeatedly doing that, the alignment may go off just a tad. Don't ask me how I know this.....

My Gallery

" Two memorable things to say in life are Hello for the first time and Good-by for the last".
Wood Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:54 AM   #9

A two inch machinists square is the ticket. Not real expensive and can be found at any good tool shop.

george

delta 650, hawk G426
sawdustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:01 AM   #10
Just love Being Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdustus View Post
A two inch machinists square is the ticket. Not real expensive and can be found at any good tool shop.

george
Thanks George , I'll look at Lowe's or home Depot for one since this has happened it will probably happen again............Marshall