Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Scroll Saw > Scroll Saw Puzzles
Connect with Facebook

West Penn Hardwoods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #1

Default Abstract Jesus on the cross puzzle

If you know anything about me then you knew that sooner or later I would be trying a cross puzzle of some kind. Well, here it is. Not exactly the way I planned but it turned out okay.
This was stack cut in two's. Originally I had planned to cut two pieces of contrasting wood, then exchanging the 5 pieces that you see painted. That way there would have been two puzzles with contrasting pieces but otherwise identical. Well, for some reason I didn't turn the dark piece upside down when I cut them so I ended up with two of what you see here. SO instead of having contrasting wood I just decided to use paint to separate the five pieces.
All in all I am satisfied but I really wanted to use contrasting wood. Maybe the next one will come out better. I haven't counted the pieces yet but I'm guessing around 80 or so. It is about 8X10.
Thanks for looking. Any comments and/or suggestions are always welcome.

Bubba
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abstract jesus on cross.jpg (139.0 KB, 39 views)
Old 03-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
Staying Positive

Nicely done and nobody knows but us...that it did not go 100% as planned.

There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.”
As You Slide Down the Banister of Life, Pray That All The Splinters Are Pointed The Other Way...
"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC
wood-n-things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #3

Bubba - your pieces are very interesting and well cut. It's also great to see you trying different techniques, even if they don't work as planned.

John
Old 03-05-2011, 12:20 AM   #4

Well, It certainly is different, that's for sure. I just counted the pieces as I was putting the second one together...65. Even so, without any color and only the direction of the wood grain to go by, it still took me an hour.
Thanks for the comments and encouragement.

Bubba