Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Patterns > Scroll Saw Pattern Requests
Connect with Facebook

PS Wood Machines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #1

Default name patterns

I am looking for patterns to cut out childrens names. Ithought that thereonce was a website that had them, but am unable to find it. Any help wouldbeappreciated.
Thanks,
Brian
brianartrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #2

Steve Good has a program called Scroll Saw Pattern Printer that makes names and prints them out. You can decide the size you want them.
Vicki
Scrollsaw Workshop
Scrollin_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #3

thank you for the response
brianartrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #4

If you have the funds there was a program ... Wood trex ... I think the name was... worked pretty good for writing simple names for scrolling... I lost it after a computer crash.. (actually I lost it a long time ago some of the old timers will verify that lol)
Come to the darkside... use spirals...
CallMeTut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #5

One of the fastest ways to make a name sign is to simply use an enlarged font on your computer. I have found Cooper Black and Arial to be useful.

If you can do it with your computer, it is especially good if you can change the font to a light color so you can see the blade as you cut.

Once the name is prepared, I simply underline it with a ruler and round the edges of the "platform".
woodislandjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #6
Puzzle enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeTut View Post
If you have the funds there was a program ... Wood trex ... I think the name was... worked pretty good for writing simple names for scrolling... I lost it after a computer crash.. (actually I lost it a long time ago some of the old timers will verify that lol)
It was actually called Wood Trax and that company has been out of business for some time now.

I would use Steve Goods program since its free. Also any graphics program will work too
Firedkm is offline   Reply With Quote