Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Scroll Saw > General Scroll Saw
Connect with Facebook

PS Wood Machines
General Scroll Saw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2006, 08:53 PM   #1

Default New Pattern/Project Computer Program

Those of you who are familiar with the "MeonaPumpkin" computer software may be aware already that Carving Technologies has come up with a new software package called "Coyote" that allows the scroll sawyer easily make project patterns for both fretwork and intarsia designs. It is a bit costly ($79.95), but makes photo to pattern conversion so easy that even I can do it. Since someone is always asking for such software, I thought I would mention that I have started using it. For those not familiar with the older software, you might check it out at http://www.meonapumpkin.com.
Moon
Old 04-03-2006, 12:44 AM   #2
Moderator CUT IT OUT

Hey mooner, could you post a pic on here of a picture and a pattern? I would be curious to see what others think of it.
I know the program will be great for intarsia and marquetry. And the interface is great for doing portraits.
CanadianScroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:31 AM   #3
Super Moderator

For one reason or another I have neglegted ordering the "Meonapumpkin" program, I'm glad now I waited, this looks like what I've been waiting for!

Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....
ozarkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:13 AM   #4

Wow, this looks really cool. Will have to show it to "computer-geek" husband tonight.
Thanks for telling us about it.
Carrie
cmhadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:35 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Bob in Whitby

Mooner:
Thanks from me too for posting this. I have been scrolling for a short time and quite like doing intarsia and am thinking of trying to do scenic portraits. To date I have used purchased patterns, but I see this software opening up a whole new creative adventure for me.

If others begin to use it immediately we anticipate your feedback.

Bob
Old 04-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #6

Thumbs up

Moon,
Thanks from this scroller outpost also! This looks like something do-able, even though it is more costly than I'd prefer. Good job.
Sandy
sheltiecarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #7
Fallen Angel

Don't forget there are much cheaper art packages available on Ebay (such as Paint Shop Pro and Corel Draw) which scrollers have been using for years to create patterns from pictures.

Gill
Old 04-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #8

Gill--
I also have Paint Shop Pro9. However, both that and Corel Draw, in my opinion, are much more difficult to use (for the average bear like me). There is too much other stuff mucking up these larger programs that I never use. I hate programs that have a manual like that for the space shuttle. Guess I am just lazy. Remember gang, I am not selling this thing! I just found it to be what I have wanted and it is made specifically for hobby crowd. Even shows the results in several different types of wood if you desire. Software is very much like blades and saws. Everyone will eventually use what works for them.
Moon
Old 04-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Well I just purchased it and finished the download, whew! I'm on dial-up and it took awhile. So I thought I'd check in with ya'll before I busy myself learning this program. But I am impressed with what I've seen of it thus far.
I'll let you know more later as I learn more.

Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....
ozarkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #10
Fallen Angel

Hi Moon

Yes, you're quite right - those packages are very powerful and can be daunting for the newcomer. If this new one is more intuitive, it'll be a valuable addition to armoury of scrollers who aren't prepared to immerse themselves into apparently complex software. I'm looking forward to hearing about Bill's experiences.

Nevertheless, conventional art packages are very good once you've learned how to use them; they're also cheaper. Since we haven't mentioned PSP or Corel Draw for a while, I thought it might be worth mentioning that alternatives are available.

Gill