Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Scroll Saw > General Scroll Saw
Connect with Facebook

Memphis Hardwood Lumber
General Scroll Saw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 10:20 PM   #1

Default wind chime tops

Hi I'm making some stain glass wind chimes and I"m in need of some new tops to hang the glass pieces from. Does anyone have different patterns?
DAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAdams View Post
Hi I'm making some stain glass wind chimes and I"m in need of some new tops to hang the glass pieces from. Does anyone have different patterns?

mmmm not sure what your chimes look like or if they are supposed to spin. but what my hubby does, is use a fineal, sorry can't spell. and then he puts a big fihishing swivale on it to spin. that just hooks up to what ever it is tied too. or hangs on. Or are you talking about how the stained glass pieces hook up to a top. like a circale?there is lots of great round ornament patterns that you could put on top of what ever you tie too. hope this helped. ?? your friend Evie.
Pictures. please.

Last edited by minowevie; 06-04-2008 at 10:38 PM.
minowevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:32 AM   #3

No my chimes do not spin they just hang and move alittle in a breeze. they hang inside on a porch or breezeway they can't hang outside the wind would beat them to pieces mean the glass would break into pieces.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAdams View Post
Could you post in the member galleries a digital photo of what you are doing now?

I am thinking you are asking about something like a court jester image with fishing line hanging off each arm and leg. Your stain glass is then attached to the bottom of the fishing line.

try Scroll Saw Patterns, Plans, Scrollsaw Blades, Clock Parts, Woodworking Supplies
and search for items:60902 (an eagle) or 61015 (a humming bird)

I know I saw a 3-D fretwork of a court jester somewhere (two images at right angles) but I cannot find it. I thought it was a Patrick Spielman design, or a Dirk Boelman design in one of my old books. Might have even been in an old magazine.

Phil
GrayBeard Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:58 AM   #5

Smile wind chime top patterns

Hi sorry it has taken me this long to post again but our hard drive is going out of newest computer so I'm using a older computer that doesn't have my pictures on it. so i'm sorry But you all will have to be patient with me until we get a new computer bought and up and running. then I can try to post picture of what kind of wind chime top I'm trying to tell you about. Sorry this couldn't have come at a worser time .
Old 06-16-2008, 08:38 AM   #6

Deb:

Take deep breaths. Relax if you can.

Hard drive crashes do happen. You have enough stress without worrying about supplying us with a picture or two. We will still be here when your hard drive is fixed.

I just hope you are not one of the Iowans who have to deal with that flooding. Never been there myself (in a major flood) don't think I would deal with the mess very well.

Hope things improve for you soon.

Phil
GrayBeard Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:07 AM   #7

Default Flooding In Iowa

Thanks Phili for understanding. yes we are in middle of flood it is awful here in state of Iowa some places worse then others.We have been lucky where we live cause I just got water in Basement and garage not alot but a steady stream of water running to drain in Basement. We got hit by Tornado June 6th Here At Rock Creek State Park where I live, we live in housing area with alot of other people On west side of park We are fine, no damage to our house or vehicles.But it did up root a 80 year blue spruce pine tree on our east lot. This side of the state park is closed cause of all the tree damage the storm caused. We were with out power for 2 different times 5 hrs each time but are fine now. We all here were very lucky no one got hurt by tornado.Just some roof damage to some houses and siding missing. And a lot of Debris thrown around.Cedar Rapids Iowa got hit bad by the flood the whole town is under water. And Des Moines got it bad..We are dry for now and are to be for a few more days which helps out alot to make the rivers go back down but the damages is going to be awful. The corn crops here is in bad shape, Iowa grows alot of corn. the corn fields look like lakes now with all the water from the flooding.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #8

I can't even begin to imagine what your state is going through . The worse thing to happen here flooding wise was when the Fraser River was on the rise in the late 40's .The interior of B.C. gets hit once in awhile . Most we complain about is a few rain showers . Makes me appreciate where I live . Be strong ,we are all pulling for you .
Roger
Ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #9

Default wind chime plans

Phili the info you sent tome on the wind chime plans is what i'm looking for. the humming birds plans. I have that one was just wanting some different plans if there are any others out there . Still wait on New computer to come. using old Dell that is very slow .
Old 08-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #10

Hi Phili i have made a photo album for you all to see my wind chime tops I have scrolled sawed and the stain glass wind chimes that are finished using the scroll sawed tops. These are the kind of tops i would like to make but with different things on the top part. hope you understand what i trying to say. Photo album is called DAdams photo's

Last edited by DAdams; 08-12-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: forgot to put album name in email.