Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Scroll Saw > Bowls, Boxes, Compound, and other 3-D Projects
Connect with Facebook

Nexabond

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 02:18 PM   #1

Default Got another bowl cut out

It's one of Carole's bowls and it's the 8 lobed bowl. I'm very happy with the way the sides are lining up and such. But I did have a little bit of trouble drilling one of the entry holes as the drill thing slipped so it didn't get the angle quite right. I was able to fix that by redrilling, but in that ring, there might be a hole where I don't want one and it could expose itself when I get ready to sand it. you think I should fill that in white glue mixed with the sawdust from the wood I cut the bowl out of? I saved some sawdust for this purpose incase I need to do that. Any way the bowl is in the bowl press and later I'll sand the sides and then put the bottom on. Little Gwennie will do great with the sanding and such. I'm happy with the bowl so far except where the drill bit slipped. Have a great day Fay
Fay P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #2

Well I did some sanding on the bowl, but still had the drill marks where I didn't want them. I did use some glue mixed with the sawdust from the same wood I used and I packed it into the drill marks and after that dries, I'll give it a little more sanding and hopefully it will be fine. I hope so any ways. I didn't want the wall on that one lobe to get too thin as I thought it would break if it does. So there's hope for that bowl. I'll have to look around for a longer bit, just a little bit longer. Wish I could roll it between my fingers to make it a longer one. LOL! Will post a picture after I get it done. Have a great day Fay
Old 01-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
Got Moose?

Fay:

Check at Sunset. They have tiny bits behind the counter, most are a bit over $1. Also look at the 1/16" bits for impact tools, usually in a two-pack.
Terry
Old 01-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #4

Thanks, We don't have a Sunset here. I went to Walmart and found some bits for the Dremel tool. The bits are still too short but they should be ok. Good thing because some of mine are missing and it is so strange how things get lost when we need it. Also got more masks and some packing tape for scrolling as I'm just about out of it and also a few other things that doesn't have any thing to do with scrolling. Sis got her self a few things too and then we were done. Well going ot go lie down for a spell. Have a great night Fay
Old 01-16-2014, 12:12 AM   #5
Got Moose?

Sunset Wire Rope, on Marine Drive between Truck Route and downtown. Kubota dealer.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:34 AM   #6

I'll have to check that out. It sounds like that hardware store at the other end of town. Have a great day Fay I also haven't tried the Co-op store in Sequim either and there are a couple of other stores that sell tools here too.