Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Scroll Saw > Bowls, Boxes, Compound, and other 3-D Projects
Connect with Facebook

PS Wood Machines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #1

Default Oval shape box completed

Well this is the 3rd time trying to post today. I've got my box completed and here are the pictures, provided they will post. I keep getting bumped off this a.m. and never had t his problem before...... Enjoy the box.. The ribbon has a sprinkle of green glitter on it. Fay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oval box with ribbon-1 (640x480).jpg (43.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Ribbon has glitter-2 (640x480).jpg (34.0 KB, 33 views)
Fay P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #2

Looks great.

Jackie
Nitro222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #3

Looks good Fay. If I may suggest, just for picture taking if nothing else, get a daylight light bulb. It will get rid of the orange tint and show the true colors. I'd love to see the colors you got plus the green glitter.

How hard was it to cut and shape the bow?
robs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #4

I like it! I agree with the light comment I'm quite certain the pictures don't do the work justice.

for showing us.

This gettin old stuff ain't for sissies!
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #5

Very nicely done Fay. Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW
DWSudekum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #6

Oh it wasn't hard to cut the bows and tails, but it is hard to get ahold of so I used the jig I made from Steve Good's site and that was a big help. I messed up the first set of tails and had to cut a second set and I got better results. Can't wait til those polar blades come so I can see if they are any better for the compound cutting. I have one piece of wood left for compound cutting and it is just enough to cut another ornament and I have 2 cut out. I also have Steve Good's pattern for an ornament hanger thing and it displays the ornaments. One can leave them up year round. I too agree on the lighting. This was my ceiling light in the bedroom in Mom's house and I can't see worth beans in the shop either . The light went out on my scroll saw and I bought bulbs for it and they went out so it is either the light or the bulbs were too high of wattage. I forgot to look in the store yesterday for some thing in a lower wattage. I do have a light in the shop and it is one of those kind of lights that is supposed to help depression. That might give me a better light for picture taking. I have another box cut out and when I get it done, I 'll try that light. Have a great day Fay
Fay P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #7

The polar blades will make a HUGE difference. I picked some up from Mike and they work like a charm for the compound cutting. You will love them.
robs is offline   Reply With Quote