Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Scroll Saw > Bowls, Boxes, Compound, and other 3-D Projects
Connect with Facebook

Grobet - Pegas Scroll Saw blads

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Lou

Default Gluing the halos on the angel ornaments

G'morning, folks. I just received a PM asking how I manage to glue the halos onto the heads of the angel ornaments, and since I ran into the same difficulty, I decided to post the question here for all you angel makers to post your answers. My solution was to make a smaller hole in the halo. I use a 3/8 bit to drill the hole instead of cutting it on the saw. Yeah, it's hard to get the hole cut in the middle exactly (I redrew the halo, marked the centre and then made a zillion copies), but who says halos have to be perfectly dimensioned? I prefer that they stay firmly adhered! I've had the best luck using Aileen's clear gel tacky glue.

How about the rest of you? Any similar difficulties and solutions?

Lou
Old 10-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
Author

Make the angels out of wormy wood and they will by holy. Maybe they'll grow their own halos. It's worth a try!

Dave
DaveVanEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #3

That's a groaner Dave.
martzy is offline   Reply With Quote