Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Scroll Saw > Beginners Scroll Saw
Connect with Facebook

West Penn Hardwoods

Old 01-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #1

Default Just wanted to show some of the things I do!

I know I haven't talked alot on here about the things I do, or showed any of my work. I do stay busy alot like most of you all I'm sure. My main focus has been the Barbie world. I branched out doing other dolls as well. Theres a world out there even I didn't know existed when it comes to dolls. I stumbled upon or rather thru selling thru ebay others have stumbled upon me and had requests for furniture for 16" dolls. Now these dolls are a whole new level of Barbie. They are stunning, articulate and pricey. And with my 1st 4 grandchildren being all girls, well you see why its been a girls life here..lol So these are some of my items, later i'll post a web site where you can see more of the things I make if anyone is interested in seeing them.
Wildbliss
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01993.jpg (61.5 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01975.jpg (34.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01991.jpg (54.6 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01996.jpg (42.6 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01982.jpg (56.4 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01988.jpg (49.2 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01990.jpg (50.6 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01992.jpg (34.2 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01983.jpg (43.3 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01987.jpg (45.4 KB, 76 views)
wildbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
Perpetual Student

Location: Rouzerville, PA - about 20 miles southwest of Gettysburg PA

The doll furniture is really nice. I like to see things that are made to be used in other areas and hobbies.

The other cuttings are nice & clean, also.

Good Job.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
A Saw Horse

The doll house furniture is awesome!
The other items are nice too but wow on the doll items.

Brenda's Blog (This is a little bit of everything, Scrapbooking, Crocheting, Crafting, Wood Crafting)

Brenda's Gallery

"If you are not always busy something is wrong!"
bdsears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 PM   #4

I agree! Great items.

It's all fun
Terry
Craftsman 18"
Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore
Terry Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #5

Thanks yall, I have made tons of other things as well. I do uphoster lots of couches and chairs. So i do use my scroll saw alot, just not always for the curvy scrolly stuff..lol One day when i get me a new scroll saw that is pinless and I can order online blades, my cuts on scrolling should improve.
Wildbliss
Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #6
Just A Member

That is very nice to have been done with pinned blades. I'm glad to see that I'm no the only one that got sucked into the doll house world, my daughter is always wanting me to make her furniture for her dolls and now she wants a new doll house. Nice work!

It's not about what saw you drive. It's about the skill you drive it with.

Jim
western.flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:08 AM   #7

Very nice work! Thanks for sharing!
As far as up-grading your saw to pinless blades, there are conversion kits available such as this one Craftsman Scroll Saw Blade Conversion Kit (22259) - Tools - Bench & Stationary Power Tools - Scroll Saws or, if you know a machinist he can easily make some for you.
Another style is a cylinder (imagine a short piece of a carriage bolt) with a hole drilled in the center as it lays horizontally. Then, one end is drilled and tapped to accept a smaller hex head bolt. You loosen the hex head bolt, insert the blade through the hole and then tighten the hex head bolt to pinch the blade and hold it securely.
If interested in seeing what I am trying to explain e-mail me at spirithorse55 at hotmail.com and I'll send you a picture of the clamp.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Last edited by Spirithorse; 02-01-2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: spelling error
Spirithorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #8

Western.flyer......you can't begin to imagine..lol Multiply that by 4. oh and a 5th to be of age in 3 yrs. I have 3 doll houses presently going with a 4th to make yet. I also did barns for the boys, which are under construction as well. I make all the furniture I can. I also make little books and have tons of minature items for doll houses, the girls go wild for all that too. Phones, clocks, knick knacks, pets, pictures, flowers.lamps and so forth..lol
Spirithorse, I have a conversion kit....finally saw the light in how it went on.....sitll haven't figured out why i couldn't put it on before, but anywhoo. I got it on the other day, and for some reason the arm wouldn't work up and down. I tried various things of loosing, taking blade out etc.....only thing seemed to work was to put it all back to gether again. LOL i did this twice, spending an entire day. I been wanting a new scroll saw......so who knows. But i'm curious, so i'm going to email you for the picture.
Wildbliss
Old 02-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #9

Wow, you've really gotten in a lot of detail - the furniture is wonderful and I'd have LOVED to have had that stuff as a kid (only we didn't have Barbies back then). What fun to see - and I'll bet your granddaughters are completely thrilled!
PatteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #10

Are you sure you didn't just get a life size Barbie doll and take it to the furniture store...?
HAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote