Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Scroll Saw > Beginners Scroll Saw
Connect with Facebook

Donjor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #1

Question rona scroll saw

I just recently purchased a rona (canadian lumber company) 16" variable speed scroll saw (model # 2001247) and i need the air bellows. Need to find a parts supplier in canada. Rona doesn't support the product any longer. Did some research and believe risun hardware in shanghi may have possibly made it for rona. Was on risun's web site and they have a saw model # rs-pt016 which looks almost the same as my rona saw. Can anyone help with info. Thanks.
cobra24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #2

The easy way is to use an aquarium air pump. If you use a foot switch, both can be pluged into it.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #3

cobra24...
Nice to see another canuck here! Where are you at? I'm in Chateauguay, a suburb of Montreal.

I don't know if you're aware of this but Rona and Reno Depot they're the same company only Reno Depot is a bigger "box" store and so they have the same in house make of tools called "Hausmann" and this is the only brand they carry, at least for scroll saws. I'm figuring that they changed the brand name from "Rona" to "Hausmann" perhaps, thinking that it sounds more "professional." However, the quality of this make of scroll saw really isn't there. I wouldn't even recommend it for complete newbs. I bought one yesterday as it was on sale, marked down from $199 to $149. I brought it home, turned it on and it almost jumped off of the workbench, it was vibrating that much. And talk about a racket... it was almost as loud as my table saw. I then tried screwing it down to my work table and there wasn't enough difference to make me say it was better. I repacked it in it's box this morning and back it went. I didn't even try a cut with it. I am now the very proud owner of a DeWalt 788. I got an extremely good bargain on it... $549... and that included the stand and work light. I couldn't wait to set it up and turn it on. I could put a glass of water on it, turn it up to full speed and there wouldn't even be a ripple. My point is that you only get what you pay for. I'm LOVING it!!!
BTW... I've moved up to the DeWalt from a 13" Mastercraft - Canadian Tire's in house brand. It is like going from a Smart car to a full size Cadillac.

--Bobby
bubbaloo158 is offline   Reply With Quote