Welcome to Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board, an online scroll saw forum community where you can join thousands of scrollers from around the world discussing all things related to Scrolling. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

* Browse over 200,000 posts.
 * Communicate privately with other scrollers from around the world.
 * Post your own photos or view from 7,000 user submitted images.
 * Gain access to exclusive scroll saw promotions offered by Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts and Fox Chapel Publishing.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Support Team.

Go Back   Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board > Magazine and Members > Author Questions
Connect with Facebook

Nexabond
Author Questions

Old 01-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #1

Default parrot patterns

Can anyone tell me where I can find patterns for parrots ? I have only been able to locate a few online. (Sherwood Creations)
parrot lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #2
Newly Customized Moose

Send a message via Yahoo to PuzzledMoose

What type of patterns are you looking for?

There are some portait style fretork patterns for free on this group http://groups.msn.com/absolutelyfreescrollsawpatterns

There's also a hanging mackpaw puzzle for free from here http://www.scrollsawer.com/articles/macaw_puzzle.php

I think that there are a couple of fretwork style ones in Lora Irish's world wildlife pattern book too - I just can't lay my hands on it at the moment - need to sort out my library/filing system ..lol

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788
PuzzledMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
Newly Customized Moose

Send a message via Yahoo to PuzzledMoose

... another parrot puzzle pattern for sale here ... http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...odchuckcanuc0b

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788
PuzzledMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #4

There's a great McCaw puzzle pattern in SSW issue # 12 - Fall 2003. I think it would fit into a parrot collection quite nicely.
Just my 2¢ worth
Marsha
Marsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:42 PM   #5
Fallen Angel

Stained glass patterns can usually be adapted quite easily to scroll saw patterns. You might find something useful here.

Gill
Old 01-03-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
Masterscroller.com™

I made an intarsia parrot on a stick that I thought was pretty cool. Unfortunately I gave it away and don't seem to have a photo on my computer. I bet I can find my pattern and take a picture of it though...but is it intarsia your looking for?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:47 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to lucky788scroller
Default parrots

I posted a picture in my gallery of a macaw pair that can be done as a clock, or as a plaque. The one in the photo is unfinished,red oak. Sorry about the poor picture but its the only one I can find right now. Welcome to the SWWC. Private message me if this is the type of thing your interested in. Also, I have lorikeets pattern in the same style, as well as a couple other nonparrot birds. Dale
lucky788scroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #8

I have tried posting pictures of my parrot windchime I just completed. ( my first project!) But, for some reason it won't upload. I am looking for any kind of parrot patterns.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #9

I love the Macaw plaque you did ! Do you have the pattern for this?
Old 01-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to lucky788scroller

It probably wont load because of size. At least thats my trouble.I can attach a picture in the galley, but not directly to a post on the message board, I guess its to big or something. I never had that problem until a month ago, but I am positive the problem is on my end (and NOT my rear end either!). I used to get something that popped up saying something to make a image smaller for emialing, or leave it full size, but I think someone goofed with my settings, as that never comes up anymore.
Thanks for the comment on the macaw pair, and yes, the pattern is available, I tried sending you a pm, I dont know if you got it though. Dale
lucky788scroller is offline   Reply With Quote